What is All Included in a Mommy Makeover? – What to Know
What is all included in a mommy makeover? Does it involve plastic surgery? When it comes to a mommy makeover, we focus on plastic surgeries to address some common issues that women experience during pregnancy and breastfeeding. A mommy makeover refers to certain body contouring processes. These are performed to boost the physical changes after the delivery.
What is All Included in a Mommy Makeover?
All the procedures will be custom-tailored to fit the unique needs of every patient. The process targets the abdomen and the breast contouring and then focus shifts to other parts.
What are the Components?
As stated earlier, the abdomen and breasts are the prime focused areas. During the pregnancy and after the delivery, the size of the breasts gets enlarged. When you will try to get back to the normal shape, you might experience a significant loss of muscle volume resulting in sagging. During the pregnancy, your abdominal muscles and tissues stretch to accommodate your growing baby. But after the delivery, women face a lot of challenges to get rid of the fat deposits.
What Does A Makeover Include?
A makeover will include a breast lift, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, breast reduction, liposuction, and circumferential abdominoplasty. Breast implants will restore the lost volume and fullness and lifting will help to lift the sagging skin and that will ultimately improve the overall shape. Breast augmentation is considered safer for uncomfortable breasts. It will reduce the size while offering an ideal shape.
For your figure, they can consider some other techniques such as tummy tuck, liposuction, and abdominoplasty. Also, mommy makeover involves some other procedures such as arm lift, thigh lift, and Brazilian butt lift. A mommy makeover can be done during a single procedure to make it safer. Multiple surgeries will be riskier and cause different types of infections, hence plastic surgery is safe if you wish to get everything done at once. It will also be easier to get everything done in one procedure since plastic surgery lasts forever, and the chances of having to go back and getting something redone is slim.
Things to Know
- The mommy makeover is performed at outpatient surgery. Therefore, the recovery will be done at home. You will get the required assistance within twenty-four hours after the operation
- The recovery will take one to two weeks depending on the procedure and the areas of the target
- After going through the procedure, you might need help to perform your daily activities. You will feel tired for several weeks after the procedure
- You will have to take pain killers. So, you will not be allowed for driving until complete recovery
- Swelling might last six months even longer
- You will have to avoid heavy lifting and exercise for at least six weeks.
- Smokers might not be allowed for a mommy makeover. Smoking causes dehydration and that might lead to serious complications. You will be asked to stop smoking for four weeks before and four weeks after the procedure
- Only choose a certified and experienced surgeon
What is all included in a mommy makeover? Now, you know what is included in the procedure. Follow all the safety measures and the instructions of your surgeon for the fast recovery. It might take more than six months for a complete recovery. The initial weeks will be more important since you will not be allowed to do a lot of work.